I really enjoy movies that inspire and move me. Here are five that I love. These are all foreign movies which is why you may not have heard of them. Watch the trailers and see if any appeal to you!
1. The Intouchables – a wealthy paraplegic hires a street person as his caregiver.
2. My Name is Khan – An Indian man with Aspergers embarks on a remarkable journey across America to win back the love of his life.
3. Delicacy – A young french women marries her soul mate only to lose him to a tragedy. Can she find love again?
4. The Lady – The extraordinary story of Aung San Suu Kyi and her husband, Michael Aris. It is also the epic story of the peaceful quest of the woman who is at the core of Burma’s democracy movement. [Note this movie has disturbing scenes of violence]
5. MICMACS – Orphaned by a land mine and living with a bullet in his head, Bazil and his band of merry eccentrics set out to take revenge on the munitions factory that manufactured the bullet in his brain and the land mind that killed his father.