Things not going so great? Feeling down, depressed, or anxious? Here are seven ways you can shift your energy so you can feel better.
1. Meditate. I practice Transcendental Meditation but there are many other good meditation techniques out there. Your world will look different after 15 or 20 minutes meditation.
2. Take a walk. Go outside and walk and get some fresh air. If you live near nature or a park, all the better. Try and look out into the distance. When we aren’t feeling good we are in our heads thinking about our small world. If it’s evening look up to the stars. You will feel immediately connected to a bigger picture.
3. Gratitude. Before going to bed at night or first thing in the morning, write down 5 or 10 things that you are really grateful to have in your life. What you put your attention on grows stronger, so focusing on what you have will feel better than worrying about what you don’t have.
4. Listen to your favorite song. Music really shifts our energy. I love to play the same song over and over sometimes. Usually Bob Marley’s Zimbabwe!
5. Tell someone you appreciate them. Take a few minutes to call or email a friend and tell them how much you appreciate them. Shifting your energy away from yourself to someone else will help you feel better.
6. Do something creative. For me this is doing my photography, for you it might be painting, or cooking, or crafting. Being creative with our hands gets us out of heads and into our hearts.
7. Watch a romantic comedy. Nothing like watching a heart warming movie to lift one’s mood. I love that unity feeling at the end of romantic comedies where everything turns out perfectly for the couple. Real life can be tough at times so it’s ok to indulge in a bit of fantasy.
If you have a favorite energy shifting tip write it in the comments below.