These are the top five regrets of people dying as described in Australian nurse Bonnie Ware’s book The Top Five Regrets of the Dying.
1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.
3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
After reading this do you think you wish to make some changes in your life?
For a more full description of each point read Top Five Regrets of the Dying on the Guardian News Website.